By Nancy Stevenson
- The ideal mixture of concise directions and results-oriented visible components offers readers with a quick and simple realizing of home windows XP necessities
- Simple, easy-to-follow directions stroll readers via simple home windows XP initiatives
- Covers such subject matters as navigating the laptop, growing records, copying and deleting documents and folders, connecting to the web, looking out the internet, utilizing e mail, and masses extra
- Minimal entrance subject, a cut price expense, and the transparent two-column layout come jointly to make a special, quintessential source
- Covers the newest provider Pack 2 unencumber from Microsoft
Read or Download Windows XP Just the Steps For Dummies PDF
Similar windows desktop books
Get the great, crucial source for making improvements to home windows administrator productiveness. This ebook provides options to the typical matters home windows directors face on a daily basis. in contrast to different administrator assets to be had that conceal beneficial properties and performance of home windows ServerÂ® and the home windows patron working approach, this exact advisor offers the instruments that assist you do extra with much less and utilize some time.
This booklet is a smart reference and my first cease whilst on the brink of debug a brand new challenge. It comprises debugging walkthroughs and stack hint references that function convenient refreshers to avoid wasting time while attempting to remember the sequence of steps required to debug universal difficulties like hangs, crashes and leaks.
If youre the final word gamer and multimedia fan, home windows Vista final and this information-packed booklet are for you. are looking to release video games with a unmarried click on? percentage records along with your Xbox 360? try new audio and media instruments? Its all the following after which a few. Youll locate step by step tutorials, innovations, and hacks—plus in-depth discussions of video games, gaming, functionality counsel, and lots more and plenty extra.
In diesem Buch wird das Anwender-Betriebssystem home windows Vista detailliert und anschaulich (mit Illustrationen und Grafiken) beschrieben. Der Autor erläutert den Aufbau dieses Betriebssystems und führt durch die erfolgreiche set up, insbesondere bei Unternehmen. Weitere Themen sind die beneficial properties von home windows Vista, Betrieb und Wartung.
- Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V Unleashed
- Microsoft Official Academic Course: Managing And Maintaining A Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (exam 70-290)
- Windows XP Hacks & Mods for Dummies
- MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-686): Windows 7 Desktop Administrator
- Special Edition Using Mac OS X v10.2
Extra info for Windows XP Just the Steps For Dummies
Windows restores the file to where it was when you deleted it. 2. In the resulting Windows Explorer window, right-click the file or folder that you want to delete and choose Delete. 3. In the resulting dialog box (see Figure 2-13), click Yes to delete the file. Figure 2-13: The Confirm File Delete dialog box ➟ 24 Create a Compressed Folder Create a Compressed Folder 1. Locate the files or folders that you want to compress by using Windows Explorer. ) 2. In the resulting Windows Explorer window, you can do the following (shown in Figure 2-14): • Select a series of files or folders: Click a file or folder, press and hold Shift to select a series of items listed consecutively in the folder, and click the final item.
Figure 5-11: The Organize Favorites dialog box View Your Browsing History 1. Choose View➪Explorer Bar➪History to display sites you’ve previously visited. 2. In the resulting History pane, click the arrow on the View button to show all viewing options. ) 3. With the By Date view selected (as shown in Figure 5-12), click one of the folders in the list to display all sites in a particular category, such as the Last Week or 2 Weeks Ago folders. If you want to revisit a site in the list, click it, and you’re there.
Figure 2-6: The Search Results window • View Results Differently lets you select different graphical or text representations of results, such as thumbnails or details. 5. Click any of the arrows under No, Refine This Search to search again. 6. When you locate the file you wanted, you can double- click it to open it. When you’re in the Search Results window in Step 2 where you choose the type of file to search for, notice the Use Advanced Search Options button. If you click this button, additional options appear, including a keyword feature for words or phrases contained within documents, a field to specify the search location, and a way to specify file size.