By Richard P. Feynman
The Feynman Lectures on Physics: Commemorative factor, 3 quantity Set.
• Feynman's powerful school room sort is still intact in those volumes, a worthy paintings by way of a awesome educator.
• The volumes are an edited model of Richard Feynman's lectures, taped and transcribed particularly for the books.
• the 3 quantity commemorative factor is both on hand hardbound and packaged in a especially designed slipcase, or in a paperbound variation.
This 3 quantity paintings was once initially designed for a two-year introductory physics direction given on the California Institute of know-how — a path designed to use readers' expanding mathematical prowess and to supply a extra entire view of modern day physics. it's a rigorous venture that ended in a vintage reference paintings for somebody drawn to physics.
Read or Download The Feynman Lectures on Physics, Volume 3: Quantum Mechanics PDF
Best textbook books
Lasers stay an amazingly strong box of job. someone looking a photon resource is now faced with a massive variety of attainable lasers and laser wavelengths to select from, yet no unmarried, accomplished resource to assist them make that selection. The instruction manual of Lasers offers an authoritative compilation of lasers, their homes, and unique references in a with ease available shape.
Notice: Retail caliber vector PDF.
Engineering economic climate, seventh variation, provides a crisp, daring new layout utilizing colour, highlighting and icons to target very important suggestions, phrases, equations and choice guidance. There are new positive factors, new themes (such as ethics and staged determination making), and new on-line instruments; but no compromise on assurance, examples, or the well-accepted writing form of this well known textual content. The preface offers an outline of What’s New and graphically depicts assets for teachers and scholars. Solved examples, difficulties and case stories objective a few of the present engineering demanding situations in components corresponding to power, ethics, the surroundings, and the world’s altering economics. nearly 80 percentage of the end-of-chapter difficulties are revised or new for this edition.
a few of the striking pedagogical features of this new version contain its easy-to-read writing kind, studying results for every part, innovative examples used all through a bankruptcy, solved examples utilizing handbook and built-in spreadsheet options, up to date case reports, basics of Engineering (FE) examination questions for every bankruptcy, and various new end-of-chapter routines.
an important new characteristic is the supply of short, downloadable on-line shows (podcasts) that include voice-over, lively strength aspect slides. those can be found at the text’s web site for college kids and teachers to make use of as help instruments in or open air the study room. each one module comprises descriptive fabric and labored examples that complement direction fabric.
Since it used to be first released in 1987, Galactic Dynamics has develop into the main regular complicated textbook at the constitution and dynamics of galaxies and the most pointed out references in astrophysics. Now, during this commonly revised and up to date variation, James Binney and Scott Tremaine describe the dramatic contemporary advances during this topic, making Galactic Dynamics the main authoritative advent to galactic astrophysics to be had to complicated undergraduate scholars, graduate scholars, and researchers.
the whole lot of the e-book has been completely overhauled, and plenty of sections were thoroughly rewritten. Many new subject matters are coated, together with N-body simulation equipment, black holes in stellar platforms, linear balance and reaction conception, and galaxy formation within the cosmological context. Binney and Tremaine, of the world's top astrophysicists, use the instruments of theoretical physics to explain how galaxies and different stellar platforms paintings, succinctly and lucidly explaining theoretical rules and their functions to observational phenomena. they supply readers with an knowing of stellar dynamics on the point had to achieve the frontiers of the subject.
This new version of the vintage textual content is the definitive advent to the field.
• a whole revision and replace of 1 of the main mentioned references in astrophysics
• presents a finished description of the dynamical constitution and evolution of galaxies and different stellar platforms
• Serves as either a graduate textbook and a source for researchers
• contains 20 colour illustrations, 205 figures, and greater than two hundred difficulties
• Covers the gravitational N-body challenge, hierarchical galaxy formation, galaxy mergers, darkish topic, spiral constitution, numerical simulations, orbits and chaos, equilibrium and balance of stellar structures, evolution of binary stars and famous person clusters, and lots more and plenty extra
• spouse quantity to Galactic Astronomy, the definitive publication at the phenomenology of galaxies and superstar clusters
From concept and basics to the newest advances in computational and experimental modal research, this can be the definitive, up to date reference on structural dynamics.
This variation updates Professor Craig's vintage creation to structural dynamics, which has been a useful source for training engineers and a textbook for undergraduate and graduate classes in vibrations and/or structural dynamics. in addition to complete insurance of structural dynamics basics, finite-element-based computational tools, and dynamic trying out tools, this moment variation contains new and increased assurance of computational tools, in addition to introductions to extra complex subject matters, together with experimental modal research and "active buildings. " With a scientific method, it provides resolution suggestions that practice to numerous engineering disciplines. It discusses unmarried degree-of-freedom (SDOF) platforms, a number of degrees-of-freedom (MDOF) platforms, and non-stop structures extensive; and comprises numeric evaluate of modes and frequency of MDOF structures; direct integration tools for dynamic reaction of SDOF platforms and MDOF platforms; and part mode synthesis.
Numerous illustrative examples support engineers observe the suggestions and strategies to demanding situations they face within the genuine international. MATLAB(r) is greatly used during the publication, and plenty of of the . m-files are made on hand at the book's site. basics of Structural Dynamics, moment version is an critical reference and "refresher course" for engineering execs; and a textbook for seniors or graduate scholars in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, engineering mechanics, or aerospace engineering.
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry (8th Edition)
- Primary Care: Art and Science of Advanced Practice Nursing (3rd Edition)
- International Express: Workbook Intermediate level (French Edition)
- Assembly Language for x86 Processors (6th Edition)
Additional resources for The Feynman Lectures on Physics, Volume 3: Quantum Mechanics
An absolute pressure of zero implies vacuum while a gauge pressure of zero implies atmospheric pressure. In a fluid at rest, tangential viscous stresses are absent and the only force between adjacent surfaces is normal to the surface. We shall now demonstrate that in such a case the surface force per unit area (or pressure) is equal in all directions. 5) of unit thickness normal to the paper, and let p1, p2, and p3 be the pressures on the three faces. The z-axis is taken vertically upward. The only forces acting on the element are the pressure forces normal to the faces and the weight of the element.
14) means that we regard h as a function of p and T, and find the partial derivative of h with respect to T, keeping p constant. 15) has an analogous interpretation. The specific heats as defined are thermodynamic properties because they are defined in terms of other properties of the system. That is, Cp and Cv can be determined when two other system properties (say, p and T) are known. For certain processes common in fluid flows, the heat exchange can be related to the specific heats. 11). Dividing by the change of temperature, it follows that the heat transferred per unit mass per unit temperature change in a constant volume process is ðvQ=vTÞv ¼ ðve=vTÞv ¼ Cv : This shows that Cv dT represents the heat transfer per unit mass in a reversible constantvolume process, in which the only type of work done is of the pdy type.
This is a reasonable assumption in the lower 70 km of the atmosphere, where the absolute temperature generally remains within 15% of 250 K. 22) require dp=dz ¼ Àrg ¼ Àpg=RT: When g, R, and T are constants, integration gives pðzÞ ¼ p0 eÀgz=RT , where p0 is the pressure at z ¼ 0. The pressure therefore falls to eÀ1 of its surface value in a height H ¼ RT/g. Thus, the quantity RT/g is called the scale height of the atmosphere, and it provides a reasonable quantitative measure of the thickness of the atmosphere.