By Vincent Massol, Ted Husted
A advisor to unit checking out Java purposes (including J2EE functions) utilizing the JUnit framework and its extensions, this ebook offers innovations for fixing real-world difficulties equivalent to unit trying out legacy functions, writing genuine checks for actual items, automating checks, trying out in isolation, and unit checking out J2EE and database functions. utilizing a sample-driven process, a variety of unit trying out techniques are lined, reminiscent of find out how to unit attempt EJBs, database purposes, and the way to unit try JSPs, and Taglibs. additionally addressed are trying out ideas utilizing freely on hand open resource frameworks and instruments, and the way to unit attempt in isolation with Mock gadgets. checking out J2EE purposes through working exams from contained in the box for appearing integration unit assessments is mentioned, as is the way to automate unit checking out in automatic builds (such as Ant and Maven) for appearing non-stop integration.
Read Online or Download JUnit in Action [Java testing framework PDF
Similar programming: programming languages books
This can be a e-book for the Ruby programmer who is by no means written a Mac app sooner than. via this hands-on educational, you are going to research all concerning the Cocoa framework for programming on Mac OS X. subscribe to the author's trip as this skilled Ruby programmer delves into the Cocoa framework correct from the start, answering a similar questions and fixing a similar difficulties that you will face.
Dr. Peter P. Bothner und Dr. Wolf-Michael Kähler sind wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiter im Arbeitsbereich "Statistik und Projektberatung" am Zentrum für Netze und verteilte Datenverarbeitung der Universität Bremen.
- Programmieren mit C++ Version 3: Eine Anleitung für Studium und Praxis
- PHP Development in the Cloud
- Geistige und körperliche Arbeit
- MCAD/MCSD Visual C# .Net Certification All-in-One Exam Guide: Exams 70-315, 70-316, 70-320
- WebSphere J2EE Application Development for the IBM eserver iSeries Server
Extra info for JUnit in Action [Java testing framework
At c, you change the main block to print a stack trace when an error occurs and then, if there are any errors, to throw a summary exception at the end. 3 Understanding unit testing frameworks There are several best practices that unit testing frameworks should follow. These seemingly minor improvements in the TestCalculator program highlight three rules that (in our experience) all unit testing frameworks should observe: ■ Each unit test must run independently of all other unit tests. ■ Errors must be detected and reported test by test.
AssertNotNull Asserts that an object isn’t null. If it is, the method throws an AssertionFailedError with the message (if any). 3 31 The eight core methods provided by the Assert superclass (continued) Method Description assertNull Asserts that an object is null. If it isn’t, the method throws an AssertionFailedError with the given message (if any). assertSame Asserts that two objects refer to the same object. If they do not, the method throws an AssertionFailedError with the given message (if any).
3) that can be used from the command line. jar;. jar:. jar;. jar:. AllTests 5 Earlier versions of JUnit will not work with all of our sample code. 2 Execution of the JUnit distribution sample tests using the graphical Swing test runner Notice that for the text test runner, tests that pass are shown with a dot. Had there been errors, they would have been displayed with an E instead of a dot. As you can see from the figures, the runners report equivalent results. The textual test runner is easier to run, especially in batch jobs, though the graphical test runner can provide more detail.